Saturday, June 9, 2007

"Face Gourd"



I love to work on gourds, all things natural are just a wonder to me. Mother nature is a true artist the world she creates is just outstanding. It is done with a technique called pyrography, which is burned on with a very hot iron. The smell as you burn is like sitting at a campfire which is very relaxing to me. The character faces are burned the whole way around the gourd. Then sections are stained with leather stain for definition. Clear coated for durability and ease of cleaning. I use them for bowls or I love to add a potted plant to the inside with a plate or water catcher at the bottom. It is a truly wonderful and unusual decoration. This gourd is now for sale at my eBay store, check the link is at the top of the page. Enjoy your day and keep watching.


1 comment: