Friday, March 14, 2014

A welcome to Alice




A welcome to Alice........
Guess who's coming to Briar Cottage!

These are the first steps to a project I have had in mind for many years!
I thought I would show you some of the steps to a sculpture as it comes to life.
Keep watching as it progresses!

The Cottage: I have been under the weather, so it's been a long week of R & R. Which absolutely drives me crazy. But I still get many things accomplished. I've been spring cleaning the old computer, for me it holds loads of information, and every once and a while it gets a little bogged down, don't we all. Iv'e also been getting a box together for an event that is coming up. I'm not going to let it out of the bag yet, it may or may not happen so until it does, I must keep it quit....But I am soooooo excited! Preparation is almost done, I'll finish it today, for the mail.

The Studio: I'll go a little further on the Winkle sculptures and start some smaller ones. Also, add the finishing touches to the Spindle Man, all he needs now is a little yarn around his bottom. I will show pics when the customer picks him up (don't want to ruin the surprise). 

The Hoop: This evening hopefully, I will put the finishing touches on a Pocket with wool and punch needle, they are all hand sewn so it does take some time.

P.S. Don't forget about the web show, I'm thinking around April 8th, at 7:00?

Have a wonderful day!
Kate 






No comments:

Post a Comment