Friday, May 8, 2015

Bunting (mixer)

Bunting (mixer)


Just in time for Memorial day and plenty of time for the fourth of July. 
I have always admired the buntings hanging on porch fronts for the patriotic holidays. I'm offering a patriotic pattern I finished this past weekend. Available in my Etsy shop as a instant download or snail mail pattern. Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/briarcottage

I am calling it a mixer. Something new I believe. To get the tone value on the shadows of the bunting folds I gathered two different colors, for example one strand of red one strand of brown and came up with a darker value for the folds. It was fun. I have color coded it so it won't be difficult to punch in this way or you may simplify and just ignore the tone value. But I believe it worked pretty well. let me know what you think?

Happy Needlework,
Kate 


No comments:

Post a Comment