Thursday, July 23, 2015

Coffee Stain

Two New Patterns at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/briarcottage


Harvest's Gold (unstained)


Harvest's Gold (stained)


Kittykins (unstained)


Kittykins (stained)

Well I never know whether to stain a piece or not stain a piece.
I guess what it really boils down to is a personal preference.

Two different feels?

As a finishing bonus. I'm adding my coffee stain recipe to the pattern that I use to stain many of my projects.You can dilute the amount needed to get a weak dye or use it full strength. Dip it, or brush it on. It also gives you this wonderful goo in the bottom of the jar, which with imagination can be used as a cakey, dirty areas on  boards, cards even brushed on areas of the cloth for a dirty grunge look. 




Wishing all a wonderful day,
 Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment